Am I the only one that sees a DIY sugar scrub on Pinterest and then wants to simultaneously eat it AND slather myself in it?
Just me? Fine then.
I’ll have you know that I made two such sugar scrubs today and not only do they give you luxuriously smooth skin, but they do in fact taste…ok. Like, they’re edible, but truthfully not as delicious I fantasized they would be. So, rest easy, you won’t resort to wolfing down your sugar scrub when you go on a rebellious sugar/carb binge.
They look good enough to eat, right?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A container to hold your scrub. I used 8 oz. canning jars, so my ingredient measurements will be based on that. You’ll need to work out the appropriate amounts based on your container size. But, mostly I just eye-balled it. Or, more appropriately, finger tested it. I mixed everything together then rubbed it between my finger tips and added a bit of this or that depending on if I wanted it smoother or rougher. This is not a science, I promise.
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, per 8 oz container
- 1/8 cup of olive oil, per 8 oz container
- Juice of one Lemon for the lemon scrub
- 1 T of vanilla for the Vanilla scrub
I mixed my ingredients right in the little jar. I didn’t fill the jar completely. I left a little bit of room because my only concern with these cute little jars is that I will be a klutz in the shower and spill the scrub everywhere if it is too close to the top.
I tried the vanilla tonight and I swear, I’m not just saying this, my skin feels AMAZING. It’s, like, buffed and shiny and smooth and I smell yummy, too! I can’t wait to give the lemon a whirl. I think it will be very refreshing in the morning.
Now all I can think about is what other flavor combos to try! Any ideas??
Linking up to: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop