I love pizza. My family loves pizza. Pizza is my son’s favorite food. When my whole family is eating pizza, I must eat pizza, too. But, I’m trying really hard to stay gluten free, so I’ve been a little stuck. Miss out on the pizza, or, eat the pizza and feel yucky the next day. Well, folks, that dilemma has been solved. Because I tried Udi’s Gluten Free Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust and I liked it.
They are really easy to work with, too. I was worried that the thin, frozen crusts would crack while I was transporting them home or adding the toppings, but they are pretty durable. I decided to go with a tangy veggie pizza this time, but I think the crust could handle whatever you throw at it!
Ingredients for Veggie Pizza w/ Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust
***These amounts are definitely not precise, I totally eye balled this***
1 Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust (Frozen or Thawed)
1/2 of a Red Pepper, Sliced, Roasted
1/2 of a Red Onion, Sliced, Roasted
1 c (approx) of Baby Spinach
2 T sliced black Olives
2 T (approx) Crumbled Goat Cheese
2 T Peppercorn Dressing (or other tangy, creamy dressing)
1 T Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking dish, add the onion and peppers, lightly coat with olive oil and roast for 10-15 minutes
- Place your pizza crust on a pizza stone. (This is how I cooked mine. You can probably cook this on any pan, but, I’ve always had great luck with an actual piece of stoneware for pizza crust)
- Spread your dressing on top of the pizza (like you would red sauce for a regular pizza)
- Add a bed of baby spinach, just enough to cover the crust almost to the edges
- Add roasted peppers and onions
- Add black olives
- Add crumbled goat cheese
- Cook in the oven according to the directions on the pizza crust package, approximately 12-15 minutes
This got the four star seal of approval in my house. We ALL liked. The children, the husband and ME! I ate one piece while it was piping hot out of the oven and it was delicious and I purposely waited for it to get to room temperature to see if it would lose some of its flavor or crispiness. It didn’t. At all. In fact, I liked it even MORE at room temperature than piping hot. I couldn’t be happier with these results. I’m so excited to try different variations. As I was popping this one in the oven, I was thinking about a Mexican style with refried beans, salsa, guac… Good thing there are two crusts in each package! I want to hear what toppings you would use in the comments!