I am on a quest to find all of the good and easy Gluten Free desserts. I’ve earned another badge with this one, my friends. This Gluten Free Apple Crumb Cake might not be the most photogenic food I’ve ever captured, but it is definitely one of the tastiest. It’s light and sweet and it has apples in it, so you can feel a little good about eating it, right? Ok, it’s probably still not healthy (two sticks of butter!), but it is delicious. I promise this tastes way better than it looks! Also, it’s just three easy ingredients. Can’t beat that! ***This post contains affiliate links. If you click one and make a purchase, I may a receive a commission at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting Lifestyle for Real Life!***
Gluten Free Apple Crumb Cake
1 Can Apple Pie Filling
2 Sticks of Butter
- Melt one stick of butter in a saucepan on the stove
- Pour the melted butter into a 9×12 glass baking dish
- Gently mix the apple pie filling into the melted butter, spreading it into an even layer in the dish
- Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over the apple/butter mix. DO NOT MIX IT IN! Just let it sit on top.
- Melt the second stick of butter and pour it evenly over the cake mix. This will help form a buttery, crumbly crust!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
How simple is that? Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Mix is my go to when I’m baking cupcakes or a cake, but I never thought of using it in this sort of “dump cake” fashion. It does come out tasting like a buttery, crumbly crust and it’s just right with the apples. It’s sweet, but not overly sweet. It’s so perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. You know what it would be perfect for? Picture this: it’s fall, the kids have just gone back to school and your friend pops in for a cup of coffee. This is the cake you would want to serve in that exact situation. It’s like a little afternoon pick me up.
Ok, now, we can’t keep this to ourselves, can we? Pin it for your friends!