I attempted some Paleo/Low Carb snacks this week. Two were a success and one was a fail.
Low Carb Deviled Eggs
(I’ve googled whether or not mustard and mayo are considered Paleo, and the jury seems to be out on mustard, but the consensus on mayo is that it is indeed Paleo)
1T Dijon Mustard
1. Boil eggs for 12 minutes until hard boiled
2. Allow eggs to cool. To speed this process and to keep your yolks nice and yellow, submerge them in cold water.
3. Slice eggs in half lengthwise
4. Scoop out the yolks into a small bowl
5. Add the Mayonnaise and the Dijon Mustard to the yolks and mix until smooth and creamy
6. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg white
These were yummy and they really are pretty easy to make.
The other success was the Fried Honey Bananas I posted on Friday’s favorites post. These were delicious and sweet. I basically followed the recipe just as it is on Rachel Schultz. I did slice the bananas thinner than pictured because I thought that would make them crispier. It just made them difficult to flip in the frying pan, so slice them to the thickness you see in the picture. Even sliced too thin, these were still a great sweet snack. Try these.
And the failure was an attempt at sweet potato chips. I failed in the execution because I didn’t have a mandolin to slice the potatoes with, but I still got them sliced very thinly using a vegetable peeler. In addition to the failure of execution, they also just didn’t taste very good. I may try them again but fry them instead of baking.
What did you make this week??