I learned two things tonight.
- You can accomplish a lot in 12 minutes.
- Lots of things end up in the bathroom that don’t belong there
It’s Saturday night. I really, really didn’t feel like doing this tonight. I told myself to just do ten minutes. Then I could at least still write about it and not feel like I’d failed in the Organized Home in 30 Days Challenge. Now, in case you’re thinking that I had some other fabulous, fancy plans on Saturday night that were keeping me from doing this, I didn’t. I actually spent most of the night cooking and baking and I am totally sharing the results in tomorrow’s post! And, also, in case you’re thinking that sounds like a boring Saturday night, I would have to disagree with you.
Here’s where I started at the beginning of my ten minutes (which turned into 12 minutes because I didn’t realize how quickly 10 minutes go by):
Here’s a list of things you find in vanity drawers that don’t belong there:
- One King from a Nativity Scene
- One mini skateboard
- Two sippy cups with no lids (children in this house are 7 and 10, in case you’re wondering)
- Lots of change
- Two rolls of scotch tape
- Instruction manual for a toilet (why does this even exist?)
And here is a collage of the after. 12 minutes, don’t forget:
I ended up leaving a pad of paper and pencils in that bottom left drawer. I do a lot of good thinking in the shower and most of it is usually forgotten by the time I’ve dried off.