****Credit to the best daughter ever for the best recipe title ever****
You know what I love? When I have seven million things to do and one of them is cook dinner and I have no idea what to make, other than that I have about two pounds of ground beef defrosted. Just kidding, I don’t love that. At all. But, I will make the most of it. Or I might order pizza. But, not tonight! Tonight I made the best of it with a super simple and delicious meal that my sweet daughter has dubbed “Fancy Tater Beef Casserole”.
Before we get too far into this recipe let me tell you that I wouldn’t think about slicing potatoes super thin without the help of this mandolin like thing that I got from the Pampered Chef. It allows you to slice all sorts of things to three different thicknesses. I used the thinnest one on these potatoes tonight because I wanted them to cook quickly.
2.5 lbs of ground beef
2 cups of barbecue sauce
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small can of peas
4-5 small red potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
salt & pepper to season
1. In a large pan, brown the ground beef
2. Drain the excess fat from the ground beef in a colander
3. Return the browned beef to the pan and keep on medium heat
4. Add barbecue sauce, chopped red pepper, peas and salt and pepper to the beef. Cook 2-3 minutes until the peppers soften.
5. Pour beef mixture into a large baking dish
6. Top the beef mixture with sliced potatoes and shredded cheese
7. Bake 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked and slightly crispy
And that’s it. Dinner is served. Bon Appetit.